Applications must be submitted to the Foundation via email (email@example.com) by December 15th. If December 15th falls on a weekend, applications are due on the first Monday after the 15th. Please follow the following rules for submitting your proposal.
- All application materials should be included in a single PDF file; Applications in MS Word will be accepted if under 1.0 MB in size.
- The subject line of your email should read "Grant proposal from [name of your organization]."
- The title of the file with your proposal should read "ToT proposal_[year]_[name of your organization]".
Applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of application materials. Due to limited staffing, the Foundation does not accept telephone calls from applicants.
Letters of inquiry may be submitted prior to application, but are not required. Please allow three weeks for a response to your letter.
Applications should be limited to five pages and should include the
- Organizational information:
- Name, address, telephone number and contact person
- Mission statement
- Brief overview of annual income, expenses and sources of funding
- Charitable tax status
- Title of project
- Amount of funding requested
- Summary of project
- Target audience
- Detailed description of the proposed project and work plan,
including creative work, when possible
- Project budget
- Evidence of feasibility
- Additional sources of funding
- Anticipated outcomes
The Foundation's directors will evaluate applications according
- Ecological importance of issue
- Timeliness of issue
- Level of detail and creativity
- Likely impact
- Track record of organization submitting the proposal
Projects that are likely to have measurable and immediate effects on wildland ecosystem conservation and restoration will be prioritized over those that are purely educational in nature.
Applicants will be informed of the Foundation's decision by email,
approximately six weeks after the application deadline.
P.O. Box 7547, Missoula, Montana 59807   E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org